The Lang Lang International Music Foundation's primary music education initiative, Keys of Inspiration® , encourages piano performance at all levels as a means of social development for youth by providing students with a safe creative outlet in school. We partner with school districts across the country to implement our program in Title 1 elementary schools.
In order to apply, schools must meet the following requirements:
- Title 1 elementary school (with grades 2-5)
- Over 300 students enrolled in school
- Have a large classroom available for use as a permanent piano lab
- Full-time music teacher or funding for a full-time music teacher
Selected schools receive the following:
- Classroom set (20-30) new, state of the art Roland digital pianos and benches shipped directly to your school
- Assembly resources and support guides for setting up your group piano classroom
- Yearly maintenance and budget guides to help you plan and make sure you have the resources for long-term success
- Music curriculum developed in collaboration with The Royal Conservatory of Music
- Supplemental training and ongoing support/professional development for your music teacher
In the KOI Piano Lab, students build self-confidence, develop a drive for excellence, and cultivate a sense of group and individual achievement. The Keys of Inspiration® curriculum is designed to integrate piano into your existing general music curriculum, enhancing your current music program and providing students with a more hands-on music education. Our Foundation is dedicated to cultivating a national musical network, spanning school systems and connecting district leaders, administrators, teachers, and students.
Finalists will be determined by merit and need in the sole discretion of the Lang Lang International Music Foundation®. If your school is selected as a finalist, you will be asked to complete a pre-interview form and to sign up for an interview slot. Further instructions will be sent if your school is selected as a finalist.