The Lang Lang International Music Foundation are looking for young talented pianist in the Tri-State area for our volunteer program, Play it Forward™.
Play It Forward™ – A program of music & art giving inspiration & care
Play It Forward provides a meaningful experience where the magic of creating and sharing music and art supports, nurtures and benefits individuals of all ages and abilities. The program lifts people up and opens the door to discovering and exploring the creativity around them and within them.
In order to apply applicants must be:
- Must be 13 and older
- Resident of the Tri-State Area
- An Aspiring Young Pianist, other instrument are welcome too!
Selected Volunteer perks:
- Community Service hours opportunities
- LLIMF Volunteer Certifcate
- Network connection with like-minded artist
- A chance to be feature on our website and Social Media
The Lang Lang International Music Foundation's primary music education initiative, Keys of Inspiration, encourages piano performance at all levels as a means of social development for youth by providing students with a safe creative outlet in school. We partner with school districts across the country to implement our program in Title 1 elementary schools.
In order to apply, schools must meet the following requirements:
- Title 1 school
- Over 300 students enrolled in school
Selected schools receive the following:
a permanent piano lab with 20-30 state-of-the art electric Roland pianos,
● musical curriculum designed by Lang Lang himself,
● supplemental training and ongoing support/professional development for the music teachers,
● and technical support for three years.
In the KOI Piano
Lab, students build self-confidence, develop a drive for excellence, and
uniquely cultivate a sense of group and individual achievement. Our foundation
is dedicated to cultivating a national musical network, spanning school systems
and connecting district leaders, administrators, teachers, and students.
*APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR WILL BE REVIEWED ON MARCH 1, 2018.